Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Haikoooos....

a day in our life
commences while we slumber
I will let you in

I awake, look over
an expanse of muscle waits
dark mounds undulate

up, down, beckoning
I glide over quietly
mesmerized, in trance

what will I get now?
lambskin leather or sheep's wool?
both pleasurable

close now, I feel warmth
safety and security
intangible scents

metamorphosis
no longer corporeal
our souls united

I move from the dark
into the darkness of you
with eyes shut I see

amalgamation
trust, love, and understanding
while we drift in sleep

we fall back to earth
hear the sound of our captor
sated for a day

words not adequate
our perfunctory good-byes
antagonize us

we try to connect
through satellite transmissions
counting the minutes

warning! says the sun
in purple and orange hues
dusk is upon you

state your day quickly
food to eat with food for thought
glimpses of the clock

speak! idiot box
the "ha! ha!" of fake laughter
eyes mechanical

a yawn means so much
it's cue what we've waited for
it begins again

1 Comments:

Blogger Blu Jewel said...

This is a hot poem. I'm so happy to see you in the blogsphere. You know I'll be checking back often.

7:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home