Friday, November 03, 2006

Driving Myself Crazy

I wrote this poem 6 years ago. Read in context with the Haikooos poem below, it shows a powerful transition in my relationship.


Are you there?
Do you feel what you say, or do you feel what you do?
Am I a fool? Do you really see the pain I go through?

Am I your stone to step on,
until your dream girl comes along?

Am I better than you,
or lucky to have you?

Do I sit by and play wifey,
or will you ever marry me?

In your distant future, who do you see?

Am I too fat for you?

Is my hair not long enough?

Who am I to you?
Who am I?
Who am I to question myself !!

All these questions I ask you,
I should be asking me.

Why do I doubt you?
Why do I doubt you?
Why do I doubt myself !!

I am just right for someone.

Not just right for you,
Not just right for the next man with whom I may be.

The someone I'm just right for is me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Blu Jewel said...

BRAVA!

10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home