Friday, November 03, 2006

Can't We Just Calm Down?

I wrote this one day watching people while waiting for my number to be called at the DMV. What is it about the DMV that makes people so angry? Mystery to me. Anyway....


It makes no sense, getting huffy and indignant.
Letting ourselves be controlled by a rave or a rant.

Our blood pressure is up, we're all overweight,
So caught up in frustration, we can't see what state we're in.
White folks all calm, pointing, saying, "Oohh - look at them!"

This is not in our nature, I believe that's a fact!
Do you watch the discovery channel?
Tribal Africans don't act like that!

We were peacful by nature,
How else could they have gotten us here?

Now we're acting like fools,
Behaving according to other's fears.

I don't want to be a hypocrite, I snap and go off, too.
So I'm going to start today, let's call it resolution #2.

The first is to thank God for alllowing me to wake up everyday.
The second is for my health, I want to live a long time.

So I'm going to calm down, starting now, at the end of this ryhme.

composed: 05-2005

3 Comments:

Blogger Blu Jewel said...

you got that off. you made valid points and you're right, we really ought to calm down. animals dont get their prey by making noise; it's the stealth action that yields favorable results.

1:54 PM  
Blogger David McLeod said...

I agree. Folks need tolearn to pump they brakes, slow their roll, and just stop altogether. Let that mind idle a bit, and get that shit tuned up.

10:18 PM  
Blogger David McLeod said...

I agree. Folks need to learn to pump they brakes, slow their roll, and just stop altogether. Let that mind idle a bit, and get that shit tuned up.

10:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home